As an educated consumer and patient, Healing Hands wants you to be wary of some of the realities out there in the community today. This section is a basic compilation of some ideas that should make you skeptical, and also this section is a go-to area for ways you can combat tactics used by your insurance company to put a wedge between you and your medical provider. Check back here often to find out new trends and leading information.
• Be wary of Physical Therapists who only use ice/heat or electrical stim. This is not the only thing physical therapists are meant to do!
• Be wary of Physical Therapists who only give you massage therapy WITHOUT exercise instruction and injury prevention. These are critical components of your long term success.
• Be wary of accupuncturists and chiropractors who do not work with Physical Therapists with an interdisciplinary approach. Although you may find temporary relief, the overall musculo-skeletal imbalances are not addressed and your pain will most likely return.
• Be wary of MDs who say "the pain is in your head". Although there are psychological factors to pain like anxiety, stress, and depression, there is almost always a physical component to your pain. Make sure to work with someone who will help you do this detective work.
• Be wary of MDs who don't work as a team with other caregivers. Often times there are multiple aspects to the root causes of your pain and you need a multi-strategical approach.